Last Friday, I was lucky enough to attend Asian American Journalists Association – LA’s Trivia Bowl XVIII. The event was a fundraiser for student scholarships and professional programs. The event was held at an ABC7 studio in Glendale and hosted by David Ono.
My random thoughts and takeaways:
- The metal part that fastens the eraser on a pencil is called ‘ferrule’.
- Congrats to KPCC for winning the Trivia Bowl XVIII Rice Cup.
- David Ono is really funny!
- I am really happy that the journalists did better than the lawyers. Whew!
- I wonder what team costumes IW Group will come up with next year.
- I loved learning about people’s knowledge/expertise. My new friend from CSU-Pomona, a Millenial, knew about operas.
- I dig the rapport between all the local journalists. Most of them are really witty, with a hint of snark.
- I regret not outbidding my competition on a night stay at Terranea Resort. Had I increased it by $50, it would still be less than a night’s stay because of taxes. Lesson learned.
- I really should know who makes my food. Fyi: Sriracha is made by Huy Fong Foods (Mike Fong knew this!).
- Had I read the article links on my Facebook newsfeed (instead of just scanning the feed), I probably could have contributed a little bit more.
- There are a lot of really awesome and fun people who love L.A. and the community as much as I do. I am so happy to have met more of them at Trivia Night.
- I am going to have to watch the movie Say Anything because it comes up a lot in trivia competitions, especially this scene.
- Last but not least, the best part of the night was spending time with friends for a great cause.
Shout out to Bill I. for the invitation and Buick for being a sponsor and hosting us. Team Enclave was not last!