This is just a teaser. More on the NASA-JPL Social Media event in my next posts.
My current obsession is the Spacecraft 3D app, which is one of NASA-JPL’s mobile apps. Most of the apps are educational. For example, instead of going to the website, NASA’s Earth Now can be in the palm of your hand. And, instead of a flat view, the app allows users to view stunning visualizations of climate change data from NASA’s Earth satellites on a 3-D model of Earth. The model can be rotated and manipulated for an all-encompassing view of stats.
But, back to the Spacecraft 3D app…
This how the 3D app works:
- Download the app on your Android or Apple device.
- Download the target.
- Open your app and choose a spacecraft.
- Place the target where you want your spacecraft. Flat area works best.
- Wait for a bit until the spacecraft magically appears.
- To save the screen shot, click the settings button.
Your friends will be jealous! Ok, maybe not ‘jealous’, but they will think it’s super cool.